Any time your property suffers water damage, whether it’s an appliance leak, broken pipe or natural disaster, the first thing you need to do is make sure that you and your loved ones are safe. If the house has become a hazard, whether due to structural damage or the danger of exposed or compromised electrical systems, get out!
Be very careful of the dangers present in areas suffering water damage. These include the risk of slip and fall injuries, electric shocks and injuries from lifting heavy, waterlogged items. Only perform those activities you’re positive are safe. For other repair and restoration services, call for professional help.
If you have an emergency related to water damage, call Grady Property Restoration at (800) 773-1658. We are Cumming, GA’s premier restoration service and we’re ready to help.
Steps to Take after a Flood
- Remove excess water using mops and blotting.
- Remove lamps and tabletop items.
- Wipe down excess water from wooden furniture.
- Remove wet upholstery and cushions to a dry area.
- Place furniture legs on wood blocks or aluminum foil to protect from wet carpet.
- Turn on the air conditioning in the summer to aid drying.
- Remove any colored rugs from wet carpet.
- Relocate art to a dry and safe area.
- Remove all loose items from the floor.
- Call a professional water damage restoration service.
Steps to Avoid after a Flood
- Do not leave wet fabrics where they lie.
- Do not leave fur or leather goods in a wet area. Hang them in a dry space.
- Do not leave magazines or books in wet areas.
- Do not leave colored items on wet floors
- Do not remove water with a household vacuum cleaner!
- Do not use any electrical appliances.
- Do not leave electrical appliances plugged in.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.
- Do not enter rooms where the ceiling sags from waterlogging.
Grady Property Restoration Services is the premier water damage restoration company in the Cumming, GA, region. Our technicians will solve any water restoration problem fast, efficiently and with utmost professionalism, using only the most current techniques and advanced equipment and technology available.
If you’re suffering from plumbing problems, storm damage or any other source of water damage in your home, we are ready to help. Just get somewhere safe and give us a call. We’ll respond right away, evaluate the damage, and get to work making your home or business look like new once more.